POSITION TITLE: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – TICKET SALES
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR, CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP & SALES
Exciting opportunity to work in the sports and entertainment industry, as an Account Executive – Ticket Sales for the Kingston Frontenacs. We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate, and results-driven sales professional to join our sales team.
Your overall responsibility will be for the development, sale, and management of various opportunities with emphasis on season tickets packages, group tickets, and VIP sales packages.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Include the following. Compensation is a combination of salary and commission.
- Proactively develop new leads within your assigned segments to maintain the sales pipeline and create opportunities for new business with existing customers and build relationships to provide renewal business.
- Tour clients through venue and create dynamic presentations resulting in sales.
- Responsible for timely and thorough fulfillment of all items in sales packages
- Work in-house to administer and fully execute contractual agreements for all clients including new business and renewal opportunities in consultation with reporting managers.
- Responsible for the financial collections for each respective account.
- Maintain and report weekly sales / prospecting activity.
- Assist with the creation and development of sales collateral and other technology-related materials in collaboration with Marketing department.
- Respond to inquiries efficiently and in a timely manner to provide exceptional customer service and to increase revenues.
- Issue proposals, contracts, negotiate and close business in the market segments as assigned and discussed with the Assistant Vice President of Business Operations
- Pass leads and pertinent client information on to Assistant Vice President of Business Operations where appropriate.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings to maximize sales and revenue generation.
- Solicit post-event follow-up, evaluate client experience, and re-solicit business.
- Assist with additional ticketing and sales duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Involvement in game day operations as required by the Business operations team.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Kingston Frontenacs will make accommodation available to job applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. During this process, if an applicant requests accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 613-650-5420 and we will consult with the applicant and arrange for a suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive sales experience including group sales.
- Must have strong working knowledge of the sports, entertainment, and hospitality sectors.
- Self-motivated, organized and the ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Must possess excellent written/oral communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targeted sales goals.
- Effective time management: the ability to prioritize tasks when given, handle multiple tasks at one time and ensure completion of projects.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and function both independently and as a team member.
- High energy and passion for what you are selling.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience using Sales Force computer system considered an asset.
- Ability to create effective sales packs for presentation to potential clients.
- Able to establish rapport with clients quickly to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Must be able to work general office hours (8:30 – 4:30) with flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility and may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Data entry and other tasks may require sitting at a computer for several hours. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the environment is moderate. Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday but flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to work all Leon’s Centre events.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tracy Patrick at email@example.com
Close date: July 17th
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: Salary base plus commission