The Kingston Frontenacs look to knot things up against the North Bay Battalion in Game 4 of their 2022 Eastern Conference Semi-final on Thursday night at Leon’s Centre. The Troops grabbed the 2-1 series lead after a 6-3 win on Tuesday with each team now having a win in enemy territory. Game 5 returns to North Bay on Saturday night.
The Fronts have opened the scoring the last two games with at least a two-goal lead 13 minutes into each and will look to continue the trend of great starts for the group. As both Kingston and North Bay have shown throughout the series however, there is no quit on both sides and will be a full sixty-minute battle.
Kingston has registered the most goals in the OHL playoffs (39) with North Bay (playing two fewer games) following up in second (35).
Francesco Arcuri and LA Kings prospect Martin Chromiak have registered goals in four straight games, joining North Bay’s Mitchell Russell for the OHL lead. Arcuri also has a five-game point streak (4G,5A) as the Dallas Stars draftee has missed just Game 4 versus Oshawa on the scoresheet tied with Philadelphia Flyers prospect Zayde Wisdom for the team lead with 14 points.
Captain Shane Wright has four-game point streak (1G,5A) and is tied with Wisdom (10) for the third most assists in the playoffs.
Paul Ludwinski (2G,3A) has five points on a three-game stretch and is tied for the OHL lead with North Bay’s Brandon Coe with a +12. The NHL-draft eligible forward leads all freshmen in post season scoring in goals (5) and points (7) and sits two back of the Battalion’s dynamic rookie defenceman Ty Nelson leading all rookies with seven assists.
Powerplay Rd 2 – 4 games
KGN – 19.8 % (4/21) – (2/15 reg- season versus NB – 13.3 %)
NB – 31.8 % (7/22) – (7/13 reg-season versus KGN – 53.8 %)
Fronts Playoff Notes:
- F Zayde Wisdom ended 8-gm pt-streak in Game 3 (4G,10A)
- F Maddox Callens – inj (day-to-day)
- F Nathan Poole – inj (day-to-day)
- F Gage Heyes – inj (day-to-day)
Fronts Playoff Stat Pack – (9 GP)
- Goals – Ludwinski – 1st OHL rookies (7), Arcuri (5), Chromiak, Wisdom, Edmonds (4)
- Game-Winning-Goals – Wright (2), Heyes, Arcuri, Murray
- Assists –Wisdom, Wright (10), Arcuri (9), Chromiak, Ludwinski (5)
- Points – Wisdom, Arcuri (14), Ludwinski, Wright (12)
- PIMs – Haché (14), Budnick (11), Wisdom (10)
- Shots –Ludwinski, Chromiak (25), Frasca (22), Arcuri (21)
- Powerplay Points – Wisdom, Edmonds (2), Arcuri, Wright, Stewart, Belanger, Budnick (1)
- Rookie Points – Ludwinski – 1st OHL (12), Soto (4), Heyes, Stewart, Budnick, (1)
- Defence Points – Murray (7), Peric (4), Belanger, Hache (3)
- Plus/Minus – Ludwinski (+12), Ludwinski, Peric (+10)
Eastern Conference Playoff Picture Rd 2 – Best of Seven
Miss (4) v (1) HAM – (HAM up 3-0) Gm 4 – Tues May 10 (Bulldogs have no losses in playoffs).
On The Front – Playoffs
The Fronts and Troops head back to the Memorial Gardens for Game 5 in North Bay on Sat, May 14.
Secure your seats to cheer on the Frontenacs run at an OHL Championship today! Tickets are available at ticketmaster.ca or the venue box office.
Game 6 – if necessary, Sun, May 15 @ Kingston, 6:00pm
Game 7 – if necessary, Tues, May 17 @ North Bay, 7