Marketing & Digital Media Coordinator
Manager of Marketing & Digital Media
Full Time with flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings
Salary – $18.00/hour (Seasonal Contract)
The Marketing and Digital Media Coordinator is a highly motivated individual who will work with the Business and Hockey Operations teams within the Kingston Frontenacs Hockey Club. This position will work closely with the Manager of Marketing & Digital Media and the Coordinator of Game Operations and Videography to deliver marketing, ticketing and game operations strategic planning, assist with the creation of content, and perform other duties as assigned. The successful applicant will be required to work all Kingston Frontenacs home games as well as occasional road games (remotely) throughout the regular season and playoffs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Manage, execute, and create content for use on all marketing channels, including social media, website (www.kingstonfrontenacs.com, www.myfrontenacs.com and www.thefrontsshop.com) and game day activation assets.
- Produce, design and plan content for advertising, broadcasts, game day and ticketing promotions and digital assets.
- Participate in outside events to maximize the team’s presence in the community.
- Work closely with the team’s Hockey Operations, venue management and ownership.
- Research to have a complete understanding of other teams’ activity on social, website, ticketing strategies and community involvement.
- Capture video content for marketing campaigns and featured social media and website content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Service Focused
- Effective Communication
- Relationship Building
Planning and Organizing
- Detail Management
- Minimum 2 years of proven marketing and design experience, preferably in a sports environment
- Completion of a two-year community college diploma in a related area or equivalent
- Strong graphic design skills are required (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Experience working with video editing software including Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, as well as knowledge on capturing video footage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
ADDITIONAL RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Client focused and a team player
- Ability to multitask while focusing on achievement of activity goals
- Ensure a professional appearance and attitude while on property, prepared to represent the team with limited notice
- Able to establish rapport with clients/fans quickly to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Highly motivated, self-starter, entrepreneurial, working with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear, and use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Data entry and other tasks may require sitting at a computer for several hours. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. The noise level in the environment is moderate. Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday.
All interested candidates please email your resume and cover letter to:
Colton Robb, Manager of Marketing & Digital Media
1 Tragically Hip Way, Kingston, Ontario, K7K 0B4
START DATE: August 18, 2022
Applicants will be required to submit portfolio pieces of past video and graphic design work if contacted
for an interview.
Please submit your application no later than Friday, July 29, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Kingston Frontenac Hockey Limited will make accommodation available to job applicants with disabilities in the recruitment process. During this process, if an applicant requests accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 613-650-5404 and we will consult with the applicant and arrange for a suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.