Would you like to become a billet family for the Kingston Frontenacs?
Billet families are a long standing tradition in Major Junior hockey and they play a significant role in the team’s success. Hosting a player in your home gives the opportunity to an individual to compete in the Ontario Hockey League. Many of these players come from across Ontario and they can even be from the United States or overseas. While pursuing their hockey dreams, our players attend high school or they are enrolled in post secondary education. Billet families are financially compensated and they also receive 2 tickets to all Frontenacs home games.
We are currently placing most of our players in the West End of Kingston. We request that billet families treat each player like a member of their family. We also require that our players respect the rules of their billet family, as well as the rules of the hockey club.
What we look for in our billet families:
- A patient, caring and friendly home atmosphere.
- Clean, smoke-free home.
- Private room with a double size bed (or larger) and bedding.
- A desk, chair and unlimited internet access.
- Access to laundry facilities.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- Support of team rule enforcement including curfew, community engagement, academic standards etc.
- A parking space should be provided for a player that owns a vehicle.
We do not expect billets to:
- Drive players to school, practices, games or special events.
- Book any medical, dental or other appointments
- Store or wash any hockey gear at their house
If you or someone you know would like to find out more about becoming a Frontenacs billet family, please email our Billet Coordinator, Byron Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org.